The Lead Organizer plays a central role building Jobs with Justice SF and engaging a base of diverse activists in strategic campaigns for workers rights and social justice locally and nationally.
- Strategic Campaign Implementation. Working with member organizations, other staff, and volunteers, the Lead Organizer is responsible for implementing our priority campaigns within the organization’s workplan.
- Base Building. Working with other staff and volunteers, the Lead Organizer builds and engages diverse activists in JwJSF’s campaigns and organizational work.
- Communications. Working with other staff and volunteers, the Lead Organizer executes all aspects of the organization’s communications strategy including managing mobilization alerts, social media, press relations and website.
- Grassroots Fundraising and Administration. Working with other staff and volunteers, support development and management of grassroots fundraising administrative systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to:
- Work with diverse set of activists, organizations and stakeholders
- Foster open communication within and among diverse groups
- Work in a team environment
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated commitment to economic and social justice
- Four years experience in labor or community organizing including base building, leadership development, campaign research and communications
- Knowledge of local labor and community organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Goal oriented with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese) preferred
- Experience in volunteer management, meeting facilitation, and/or community relations preferred
Salary Range: $45,000 – $60,000
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, and life insurance
To apply, submit cover letter and resume by Oct. 27, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Gordon Mar at email@example.com.