Jobs with Justice is Hiring a Campaign Coordinator!
Jobs with Justice San Francisco Job Announcement
Posting Date: March 27, 2017
Position: Campaign Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco with occasional travel
Organizational Overview: Launched in 2010, Jobs with Justice San Francisco is a long-term strategic alliance of community and labor groups working together to build the movement for workers rights and economic justice in the Bay Area and nationally.
Position Summary: JwJSF seeks an experienced and talented campaign organizer to play a central role in the development and implementation of strategic coalition campaigns to advance workers rights and economic justice in the Bay Area, statewide and nationally. Reporting to the JwJSF Executive Director, this new position will be an integral part of a collaborative staff team and add new capacity to priority campaigns and projects including Good Jobs 4 All which creates pathways to good union jobs for disadvantaged residents who face multiple barriers to employment including immigrants, formerly homeless, and formerly incarcerated community members. The Campaign Coordinator will also support a planning process to explore expanding JwJ’s impact regionally and statewide.
- Good Jobs 4 All Campaign – 50%
- Build and convene campaign coalition of community and labor groups
- Coordinate campaign planning, implementation and evaluation
- Support campaign-related activities including strategic research, policy development, action planning, communications and leadership development
- Coordinate documentation of campaign activities
2. Regional/Statewide Expansion Planning – 50%
- Support planning process to identify needs and opportunities to expand JwJ’s impact regionally and statewide
- Provide strategic support to one or more pilot projects that add capacity to priority campaigns outside of San Francisco
- Coordinate documentation of planning process and pilot project(s)
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in labor and/or community organizing
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel, work long and sometimes irregular hours
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines, work independently, and take initiative
- Bachelors or advanced degree preferred, or relevant research and/or organizing experience
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish desired
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. JwJSF offers a fully paid benefits package including family medical, dental, vision and generous paid leave. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Application Process: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to applications received by April 15th. For more information, contact Gordon Mar at email@example.com
Jobs with Justice San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LBGT, formerly incarcerated and differently-abled people to apply.